5 Gadgets that Make Sleeping Under the Stars a Real Treat
Last month, I accepted the challenge to camp out for a total of 31 nights between May and… [more]
Overpassing the value of public space
“Caltrans does not restrict the right of free speech with handheld banners, but attaching flags or… [more]
Downtown San Diego Mobility Plan – to Council June 21st
After months of discussion and several revisions, the Downtown Mobility Plan goes to the San Diego City… [more]
An Inside View of Homelessness in San Diego
I'm Orlando Barahona and this is the first account of my experiences as a homeless man in San Diego.… [more]
Should we plan for families in the ‘new’ city?
“Moving to the city," "live-work-play," and "sharing economy” - these are some of the soundbites… [more]
A Football Stadium in East Village? Not so Fast
At first glance, the recent East Village Convadium proposal has many appealing qualities: it is an attractive,… [more]
Reasons to buy an electric vehicle that have nothing to do with the environment (and which portend an imminent and rapid global shift to electric vehicles)
Sure, we've all heard about Tesla's amazing performance but for those who are shopping for a more bread… [more]
Is San Diego’s Horton Plaza Park Portland’s Pioneer Courthouse Square 2.0?
Downtown San Diego's Horton Plaza Park expansion opened last week . . . more or less. Construction… [more]
Parking Management: San Diego Style (Part Two)
San Francisco has 23,000 metered parking spaces and sets prices using complex “demand-responsive rate… [more]
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- Combining convention centers and stadiums doesn’t work - San Diego ReaderJune 29, 2016 4:13 pm0 Comments
- Lord Carl and his Dome-aio - San Diego CityBeatJune 29, 2016 4:09 pm0 Comments
- A 'no tax' Chargers stadium plan unveiled - UT San DiegoJune 24, 2016 2:57 pm0 Comments
- Tiny Houses for the homeless - San Diego CityBeatJune 22, 2016 2:05 pm0 Comments
- Pastor: SDPD nixed homeless feedings for All-Star Game - San Diego City BeatJune 22, 2016 2:00 pm0 Comments
- The High Costs of Policy Shortfalls in Housing - San Diego Free PressJune 22, 2016 11:58 am0 Comments
- Council Approves Downtown Plan to Create More Sidewalks - Times of San DiegoJune 22, 2016 11:54 am0 Comments
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
Last month, I accepted the challenge to camp out for a total of 31 nights between May and
Our failure to cultivate the value and quality of our public spaces and public life is found in the fact when people want to be heard, seen, and get their message out to as many people as possible, they now gather on freeway bridge overpasses… for its on the freeways where everyone else can be found today, and not on our public street corners and squares.
Save Our Heritage Organization, June 18th, 2016, 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM, Old House Fair. Urban Land Institute, June 22nd, 2016,[Read More…]
After months of discussion and several revisions, the Downtown Mobility Plan goes to the San Diego City Council on June[Read More…]
- An Inside View of Homelessness in San Diego
- Should we plan for families in the ‘new’ city?
- San Diego Design Event Calendar June 4th- June 14th, 2016
- A Football Stadium in East Village? Not so Fast
- Reasons to buy an electric vehicle that have nothing to do with the environment (and which portend an imminent and rapid global shift to electric vehicles)
- Is San Diego’s Horton Plaza Park Portland’s Pioneer Courthouse Square 2.0?
- Parking Management: San Diego Style (Part Two)
- What if we all ‘Left No Trace?’
- San Diego Design Events Calendar, April 20th-April 30th, 2016
- Is Indianapolis a good comparison for a San Diego Charger downtown stadium?