Over the years, I have encountered many of the challenges surrounding the rising urbanization of some major US cities. This experience has provided me with the understanding that a few common factors are essential in the evolution of these increasingly dense city centers. In my view, the best strategy for success in these areas is based […]
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- Which U.S. Cities Are Lowering Parking Minimums? - Planetizen via Strong TownsDecember 2, 2016 9:41 pm
- What did SANDAG really want in pursuing eminent domain for the Clairemont Trolley Station Site?November 29, 2016 3:22 pm
- Car2go shutting down in San Diego - 10 NewsNovember 28, 2016 4:50 pm
- In the agony of childbirth, a homeless woman finds help - UT San DiegoNovember 28, 2016 4:31 pm
- The "Silicon Valley for agriculture" could be sprouting in rural Denmark - CityLabNovember 26, 2016 8:01 pm
- Downtown’s housing boom – sd urbanNovember 25, 2016 11:26 pm
- Following Defeat Of Measure A, SANDAG Leadership Structure Is Questioned - KPBSNovember 25, 2016 4:30 pm
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
Barrio Logan is little known to most San Diegans – beyond being a predominantly Mexican-American neighborhood near downtown. Yet it is one of San Diego’s most historically significant and culturally important neighborhoods.
The Balboa Park Conservancy acknowledges that San Diego High School has been located on park lands since 1892. The City and School District entered into a lease agreement in 1974 with the stated intent of the lease to return the site to the City for park purposes in 2024 when the lease expires; however, there […]
Nearly a third of all counties in California are proposing a sales tax increase to fund transportation on this November’s ballot. But one stands out with organized opposition from an unprecedented coalition of labor, environmental and community groups. It is perhaps the only transportation measure where both political parties, and the main newspaper opposes it.
- Panhandlers Welcome – San Diego should try Albuquerque’s homeless jobs program
- San Diego Design Event Calendar, October 20th-October 27th, 2016
- Convention Center Expansion?
- San Diego Urban Design Event Calendar, October 5th-October 14th,2016
- Why Spanos is only trying for a >50% vote to get a downtown stadium.
- It’s Parking Day San Diego
- Court Rules that transfer of 34 acres from Balboa Park to School District may go on ballot but . . .
- San Diego Design Event Calendar September 2nd – September 22nd, 2016
- Using Solar to….Cook?
- Why does Dean Spanos hate the homeless?