Earlier this year, a hosted panel of local decision makers was brought together to discuss future of San Diego. Much of the conversation was around the convention center expansion. If you’ve been following the local news, you’ve noticed much of the dialog is about the benefits of a larger meeting space. The conversation is often […]
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- This documentary is on the homeless and mental health in San DiegoDear friends and supporters, this is the documentary "A Homeless Voice" by Brooks Venters featured at the KNSJ 89.1 FM website and official Facebook page. This documentary chronicles Orlando Barahona's battle with mental illness, substance abuse, and being homeless in San Diego. Follow Orlando as he submits himself to the local mental health and housing system, and watch as his experience inspires an idea to make it better. More information at: http://hisd.life.October 14, 2016 6:36 pm
- Richard Florida on the Perils of Gentrification - Planetizen via CityLabOctober 8, 2016 2:29 pm
- Big shelters for homeless people are not the answer - SDCityBeatOctober 8, 2016 1:51 pm
- Chargers “Deal” with Faulconer is a Sham | La Prensa San DiegoOctober 7, 2016 5:25 pm
- It will soon be easier to add granny flats in San DiegoOctober 7, 2016 4:24 pm
- Choose Parks and Schools, Not One or the Other - Voice of San DiegoOctober 6, 2016 3:46 pm
- Archtoberfest offers lectures, tours on architecture - UT San DiegoOctober 5, 2016 5:59 pm
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
Urban Land Institute, October 5th, 2016, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, NEXT MEMBER ONLY: How Your Communication Style and Relational Body Language Impact Every Meeting You Attend. Urban Land Institute, October 7th, 2016, 8:00 AM-10:00 AM, GUEST EVENT: Trigild Lender Conference Fall 2016. Save Our Heritage Organization, October 7th, 2016, 10:30 PM-11:45 PM, Pater & Presence Ghost Tour.
An important bit of misinformation has been circulating about Measure C – the Spanos ballot referendum to raise the hotel tax (transient occupancy tax – “TOT”) in the City of San Diego from 12.5% to 16.5% to build a $2 billion-plus downtown combined stadium and convention annex. Most news stories and conventional wisdom have it […]
It’s Parking Day 2016 San Diego! Parklets are all over downtown and elsewhere. It happens on the third Friday of September every year (note to calendar).
- Court Rules that transfer of 34 acres from Balboa Park to School District may go on ballot but . . .
- San Diego Design Event Calendar September 2nd – September 22nd, 2016
- Using Solar to….Cook?
- Why does Dean Spanos hate the homeless?
- Downtown San Diego’s East Village South Focus Plan – Draft
- A Planner’s Opportunity – Gender Neutral Facilities
- Open letter to San Diego Port Commission about “world class waterfront” development proposals
- San Diego Design Event Calendar, July 15th-July 30th, 2016
- Why Gov. Brown’s housing plan is bad for planning
- A few ways to reduce carbon emissions from traffic congestion in San Diego without more roads or rails