Could this little-known pollutant finally change our transportation priorities?
People know that air pollution is bad for their health, that auto exhaust emissions contribute to air… [more]
A beach, burb, and billionaire “Citizens’ Plan” for San Diego’s urban neighborhoods
They're calling it the "Citizens' Plan" initiative. Like all such initiatives, the name is misleading.… [more]
5 Cycling Adventures to Take This Year
A new year always welcomes the prospect of brand new adventures and a fresh start. Whether… [more]
Three lessons learned for up and coming architects
On June 8th, 2015, I reached the ten year mark of my career as an architect. This post chronicles some… [more]
Parking Management: San Diego Style (Part One)
Gaslamp Pacific Theatres were under construction in 1997 and local business owners were getting nervous… [more]
Urban planning without social equity is like playing chess without the queen.
With rising inequality, a looming climate change crisis, and persistent state of housing unaffordability… [more]
San Diego’s East Village: substituting an academic and high-wage vision for an entertainment and tourism vision
I read an op-ed in the San Diego Union Tribune that made me want to stand on top of a downtown high… [more]
California tributes to the Confederacy – why Gov. Brown is wrong
On October 11, 2015, Governor Brown vetoed Senate Bill 539, which would have removed Confederate names… [more]
How TV weather reporters are aiding and abetting climate change
On June 2, 2015, San Diego's independent TV station KUSI set aside a segment of their weather report… [more]
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
People know that air pollution is bad for their health but how many can distinguish smog from UFP, or know that living within 1,000 feet of a highway could cause cancer? A call to action to inform people about UFPs.
Notices from Civic San Diego: Notice – 10 Barrel Brewing Notice – Verizon I-5 & 94 Downtown San Diego Draft[Read More…]
They’re calling it the “Citizens’ Plan” initiative. Like all such initiatives, the name is misleading. Said citizens are an alliance[Read More…]
- San Diego Design Event Calendar, January 15 – 31
- 5 Cycling Adventures to Take This Year
- Three lessons learned for up and coming architects
- Parking Management: San Diego Style (Part One)
- San Diego Design Event Calendar, December 18th, 2015-January 12, 2015
- Urban planning without social equity is like playing chess without the queen.
- San Diego’s East Village: substituting an academic and high-wage vision for an entertainment and tourism vision
- San Diego Design Event Calendar, December 2nd -December 17th, 2015.
- California tributes to the Confederacy – why Gov. Brown is wrong
- San Diego Design Event Calendar November 10th-November 19th, 2015
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- Drought is permanent - global warming expands equatorial high pressure zone causing Sahara-fication of S.W. U.S.February 8, 2016 12:56 pm0 Comments
- 10 American Cities With the Worst Drinking Water - DailyFinanceFebruary 6, 2016 12:43 pm0 Comments
- St. Louis joins list of cities stuck with unpaid stadium debt - SL TodayFebruary 5, 2016 2:05 pm0 Comments
- Six Less Obvious Benefits to Streetcars - Streets.mnFebruary 4, 2016 12:33 pm0 Comments
- How Neighborhood Trees Improve Public Health - PlanetizenFebruary 2, 2016 10:17 am0 Comments
- Protecting the Lungs of Children by Improving School Location - PlanetizenFebruary 1, 2016 12:41 pm0 Comments
- East Village: Stadium or tech center? - UT San DiegoJanuary 30, 2016 9:25 am0 Comments
- San Diego CityBeat: Hoping the Parallel art party in Barrio Logan isn’t a sign of inevitable gentrificationJanuary 29, 2016 6:39 pm0 Comments
- San Diego adds second car-sharing company - UTJanuary 29, 2016 6:37 pm0 Comments
- San Diego Explained: A New Option for Affordable Housing — in Tijuana - Voice of San DiegoJanuary 29, 2016 6:35 pm0 Comments