What is a Little Free Library? A Little Free Library is a “take a book, return a book” free book exchange. They come in many shapes and sizes, but the most common version is a small wooden box of books. Anyone may take a book or bring a book to share. Little Free Library book exchanges have a … [Read More...] about Little Free Library Design Competition
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
The future is urban. Per the World Bank, 70% of the world’s population will live in cities by 2050. A vision of and plan for housing this mind-boggling percentage is crucial. And that was precisely the task undertaken at the October 2016 meeting of the UN-Habitat III conference in Quito, Ecuador. The conference produced what will […]
One crucial aspect of contemporary debates on spatial politics, socioeconomic stratification, and immigration is the issue of public transit. Prior to the question of a person’s right to be in a city (or supposed lack thereof in the case of undocumented immigrants), there is the question of a city’s duty to provide feasible means for […]
Lately, it seems that more and more often one runs into a Phase I report for a property that has already been through some assessment and remediation. That is, after all, the status of many a completed brownfield project. It’s been my unfortunate experience that only a few of today’s Phase I drafters know what […]
Most millennials are actually changing jobs four times on average during their first decade out school according to a study released by LinkedIn. If this is true in architecture then there is a good chance young professionals move on before they see a completed project through.
- Observations from the Brownfield Trenches
- The Biology Behind Achieving Your New Year’s Goal
- The obstacles to navigating San Diego’s housing crunch
- Standing Rock Pilgrimage – a first hand account
- A Quick Guide to the Pacific Coast for the Everyday Explorer (Part I)
- Placemaking: the next phase of true district management
- Barrio Logan vs Stadium: why it matters
- San Diego High School in Balboa Park – Statement of Position Balboa Park Conservancy
- Measure A: How SANDAG undermines transit, environmental, and social goals.
- Panhandlers Welcome – San Diego should try Albuquerque’s homeless jobs program