Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
Her face smudged with grime, eyes distant, unfocused not bitter, she’s homeless just staring out the window trying to get warm in the early morning. To those who are homeless, there are a few simple assumptions we accept:
With a new Governor, California’s next legislative session with likely look for a different approach to addressing the incessant affordable housing crisis in the state. The carrots-and-sticks approach in the last couple of years has yielded new statewide revenues for homeless and affordable housing and has made local cities more accountable in their housing production.
This title is a broad and a difficult question but it is one that creatives are forced to face every time they take on a new project. There is always excitement and fear when the canvas is blank and the fewer imposed constraints there are the more challenging it is. My colleague Donna Barry and […]
The presence of an urban research university has been conventionally regarded as the foundation for economic growth of any large city. It is “the heart of the story” for the fortune of successful high-tech regions. It is a “key actor” in revitalization of urban communities. It is “one of the most powerful engines” that drive […]
Achieving Housing Choice and Mobility in the Voucher Program: Recommendations for the Administration is in the latest edition of the American Bar Association Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law (Vol. 27-1). The article recognizes the Housing Choice Voucher Program as vital to helping homeless individuals and low-income families’ overcome barriers to housing stability, […]
- Op-Ed: A Tiny Home Update: “The New American Dream” in Progress
- Dockless Vehicle Poll Results: Let Freedom Reign
- It’s Time to Take the Keys Away from Granddad
- ‘America’s Finest City’ is Worst in Nation in Housing the Homeless
- BIA and C-3 trade missives arguing the Safeguard Our San Diego Countryside ballot initiative
- Save the North Chapel!
- Demystifying Rent Control
- How to make housing more affordable in San Diego
- Cycling through the Danish Land of Enchantment
- Punch Bowl Social comes to San Diego’s artsy, gritty Makers Quarter – UT San Diego