This title is a broad and a difficult question but it is one that creatives are forced to face every time they take on a new project. There is always excitement and fear when the canvas is blank and the fewer imposed constraints there are the more challenging it is. My colleague Donna Barry and I, … [Read More...] about Bring It! How to bring your best design to every project every time?
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- Progressives Eye Policy That Delivered Small Amount of Affordable Housing - Voice of San DiegoOctober 20, 2018 2:18 pm
- San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer proposes new rules for dockless scooters - Union-TribuneOctober 18, 2018 3:49 pm
- Dog Pile: Local Agencies Blast the Airport Authority's Plan to Redo Terminal 1 - Voice of San DiegoOctober 17, 2018 9:08 am
- Critics say first housing project along new trolley line isn't dense enough - San Diego Union-TribuneOctober 17, 2018 9:02 am
- The Mission Valley stadium ballot measures explained - San Diego Union-TribuneOctober 17, 2018 8:50 am
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
The presence of an urban research university has been conventionally regarded as the foundation for economic growth of any large city. It is “the heart of the story” for the fortune of successful high-tech regions. It is a “key actor” in revitalization of urban communities. It is “one of the most powerful engines” that drive […]
Achieving Housing Choice and Mobility in the Voucher Program: Recommendations for the Administration is in the latest edition of the American Bar Association Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law (Vol. 27-1). The article recognizes the Housing Choice Voucher Program as vital to helping homeless individuals and low-income families’ overcome barriers to housing stability, […]
Politics are the Ultimate Porn The Art of Political Science is about a distilled and formulaic perversion of The People’s ideals: Politicians and bureaucrats do not provide what we want; they teach us how to desire it. Public officials’ speeches and a charismatic delivery do not guide my direction in assembling a business and […]
The results are in: San Diego UrbDeZine voters want dockless bikes and scooters to be free from significant restrictions. 56.5% of those voting in the poll wanted no or minimal restrictions. 39.13% wanted unattended bikes to be kept off the sidewalk or limited to designated areas. 4.35% wanted dockless bikes and scooters banned from the […]
Today, San Diego is failing to accommodate our growth demands. Due to NIMBY (people who oppose any new building with a “Not In My Backyard” attitude) pressure and fear, only downtown towers and greenfield sprawl sites are far enough away from them to secure any development permits. And these aren’t our best places to allow […]
- ‘America’s Finest City’ is Worst in Nation in Housing the Homeless
- BIA and C-3 trade missives arguing the Safeguard Our San Diego Countryside ballot initiative
- Save the North Chapel!
- Demystifying Rent Control
- How to make housing more affordable in San Diego
- Cycling through the Danish Land of Enchantment
- Punch Bowl Social comes to San Diego’s artsy, gritty Makers Quarter – UT San Diego
- Alpha Project Temporary Bridge Program: A Review
- What San Diego is Doing Wrong: Housing Law 101
- How San Diego’s public transit went from first to worst