First, San Diego gave its public housing authority, San Diego Housing Commission, free reign to opt out of following federal laws aimed at protecting housing subsidy recipients. As a result, San Diego Housing Commission has and continues to create policies that adversely impact the low-income tenants for whom it receives federal funding to protect. One […]
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- 4 Proven Artistic Principles That Can Help Make Better Architecture - archdaily.comNovember 8, 2017 3:15 pm
- 'Floating' concrete house wins top architecture award - UT San DiegoNovember 5, 2017 3:20 pm
- A Powerful New Project in Baja California Involves 44 Renowned Architects - DwellNovember 5, 2017 2:00 pm
- After 50 Years In Business, Sister Pee Wee's Soul Food Closes Up Shop - SanDiegoville.comNovember 3, 2017 3:06 pm
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
The current leadership at San Diego’s regional transportation agency hates taxes, except that they love to spend it. This double-standard has become increasingly apparent in the recent months, as they are back-filling the shortfall in the local sales tax revenues and increase in project costs with $5 billion from a statewide gas tax that many […]
Due to today’s housing crisis, it seems west coast cities are taking on Not-In-My-Backyard (NIMBY) opposition that has stymied new projects and developments via polarizing and protracted public processes. These ‘no-growth’ individuals group together out of an innate fear of change to stop planned development intended to benefit their larger community. In my hometown of […]
- Park(ing) Day!
- Innovative Community Bike Center coming to San Diego in . . .
- Three great things happening now in downtown Tijuana, Baja California
- Trump’s Suspension of Obama’s De-Segregation Policy Impacts San Diego Housing Vouchers
- Risky Business – brownfield development in need of reasonable health risk standards
- Eleven reasons an electric car wouldn’t be for you
- A New Grand Pedestrian Promenade Through Downtown San Diego?
- Support the Morena Corridor Specific Plan
- San Diexit?
- Labor, Environment, and Social Justice Groups create coalition to facilitate and advocate for affordable housing in San Diego.