Politics are the Ultimate Porn The Art of Political Science is about a distilled and formulaic perversion of The People’s ideals: Politicians and bureaucrats do not provide what we want; they teach us how to desire it. Public officials’ speeches and a charismatic delivery do not guide my direction in assembling a business and […]
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- How America Lives: Creative Housing Options for Boomers, Veterans, Millennials and More - Parade.comAugust 14, 2018 8:16 am
- City wins lawsuit lawsuit seeking vote on $50 million unfunded bond for project which would build ramp onto historic Cabrillo Bridge and place parking garage in Balboa ParkAugust 13, 2018 2:45 pm
- A Developer Paid Civic San Diego Official $100K, Then He Voted to Give Them $5.8M in City Funds - Voice of San DiegoAugust 12, 2018 10:23 am
- The Decisions That Led to the Spectacular Failure of the Mayor’s Biggest Pursuit - Voice of San DiegoAugust 12, 2018 10:15 am
- Planning Groups Block City's Vision Zero, Climate Action Plans - sd urbanAugust 12, 2018 10:07 am
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
The results are in: San Diego UrbDeZine voters want dockless bikes and scooters to be free from significant restrictions. 56.5% of those voting in the poll wanted no or minimal restrictions. 39.13% wanted unattended bikes to be kept off the sidewalk or limited to designated areas. 4.35% wanted dockless bikes and scooters banned from the […]
Today, San Diego is failing to accommodate our growth demands. Due to NIMBY (people who oppose any new building with a “Not In My Backyard” attitude) pressure and fear, only downtown towers and greenfield sprawl sites are far enough away from them to secure any development permits. And these aren’t our best places to allow […]
San Diego does not have a homeless problem, it has a housing bed inventory problem in comparison to other large cities. The region’s homeless as a percentage of the total population is 12th in the nation, and the five-year trend is relatively flat when including both sheltered and unsheltered homeless. Yet, despite the public outcry, […]
Building Industry Association (BIA) CEO Borre Winckel and Citizens Coordinate for Century 3 (C-3, a non-profit that advocates sustainable urban planning in San Diego) President Kathleen Ferrier recently debated the Safeguard Our San Diego Countryside (SOS) ballot initiative. The initiative was described by East County Magazine as follows: If passed, the measure would require voter […]
- Save the North Chapel!
- Demystifying Rent Control
- How to make housing more affordable in San Diego
- Cycling through the Danish Land of Enchantment
- Punch Bowl Social comes to San Diego’s artsy, gritty Makers Quarter – UT San Diego
- Alpha Project Temporary Bridge Program: A Review
- What San Diego is Doing Wrong: Housing Law 101
- How San Diego’s public transit went from first to worst
- How to Program Social Equity into Planning Sustainable Communities
- Park(ing) Day!