Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
Originally published in the author’s own blog under the title of “Spectrum of Light.” Light is not often the first thing that one thinks of when considering the built environment, but in fact, as to the photographer, light is a primary ingredient to the success of any site design. In contrast to other professions that […]
At last week’s State of the City address, San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer enthusiastically stated, “I want to radically overhaul the system itself. The bureaucracy has been set up to empower anti-housing forces that delay or deny projects at every turn… We need to build more housing near employment centers and transit.”
Her face smudged with grime, eyes distant, unfocused not bitter, she’s homeless just staring out the window trying to get warm in the early morning. To those who are homeless, there are a few simple assumptions we accept:
With a new Governor, California’s next legislative session with likely look for a different approach to addressing the incessant affordable housing crisis in the state. The carrots-and-sticks approach in the last couple of years has yielded new statewide revenues for homeless and affordable housing and has made local cities more accountable in their housing production.
This title is a broad and a difficult question but it is one that creatives are forced to face every time they take on a new project. There is always excitement and fear when the canvas is blank and the fewer imposed constraints there are the more challenging it is. My colleague Donna Barry and […]
- University expansions create opportunity for community benefits
- San Diego in National Spotlight: City’s Failure to Prohibit Section 8 Discrimination Hurts Homeless Veterans
- Op-Ed: A Tiny Home Update: “The New American Dream” in Progress
- Dockless Vehicle Poll Results: Let Freedom Reign
- It’s Time to Take the Keys Away from Granddad
- ‘America’s Finest City’ is Worst in Nation in Housing the Homeless
- BIA and C-3 trade missives arguing the Safeguard Our San Diego Countryside ballot initiative
- Save the North Chapel!
- Demystifying Rent Control
- How to make housing more affordable in San Diego