The current leadership at San Diego’s regional transportation agency hates taxes, except that they love to spend it. This double-standard has become increasingly apparent in the recent months, as they are back-filling the shortfall in the local sales tax revenues and increase in project costs with $5 billion from a statewide gas tax that many […]
Headline LinksOPEN TO ALL REGISTERED USERS! Login, go to an UrbDeZine City site, enter post in front page window.
- It's Time to Get Off the Deadly Merry-Go-Round of Ineffective Homeless Policies - Voice of San DiegoOctober 14, 2017 10:06 am
- New Markets tax credit helped pump $1B into poor San Diego neighborhoods — but will it last? - UT San DiegoOctober 12, 2017 10:24 pm
- Three California communities sue the titans of the fossil fuel industry over climate change - InhabitatOctober 12, 2017 1:18 pm
- Short-term rental debates measure a city's housing values - UT San DiegoOctober 7, 2017 3:22 pm
News & Viewsfrom UrbDeZine Panelists.
Due to today’s housing crisis, it seems west coast cities are taking on Not-In-My-Backyard (NIMBY) opposition that has stymied new projects and developments via polarizing and protracted public processes. These ‘no-growth’ individuals group together out of an innate fear of change to stop planned development intended to benefit their larger community. In my hometown of […]
Parking Day is today. Here are some pics from San Diego.
- Innovative Community Bike Center coming to San Diego in . . .
- Three great things happening now in downtown Tijuana, Baja California
- Trump’s Suspension of Obama’s De-Segregation Policy Impacts San Diego Housing Vouchers
- Risky Business – brownfield development in need of reasonable health risk standards
- Eleven reasons an electric car wouldn’t be for you
- A New Grand Pedestrian Promenade Through Downtown San Diego?
- Support the Morena Corridor Specific Plan
- San Diexit?
- Labor, Environment, and Social Justice Groups create coalition to facilitate and advocate for affordable housing in San Diego.
- Series of Events to Address San Diego’s Housing Crisis